The size of the silverback gorilla is huge. The Silverback Gorilla is the world’s largest primate, with their hands usually longer than the legs. This article will be discussing the size of the silverback gorilla.
Size of a silverback gorilla
The best time for trekking endangered mountain gorillas is during the dry season from June to September and December to February, when trekking trails are easily accessible and the chances of precipitation are very low.
Gorillas are the largest of all primates. The scientific name of the gorilla is Gorilla beringei graueri.
Older male gorillas found in the western lowlands are about 1.7 m in length and weigh about 165 kg. Adult females are about 1.5 m (59.1 in.) In length and weigh about 71.5 kg (158 lbs).
Adult male mountain gorillas can weigh up to 220 kg (484 lbs) and wives may weigh about 97.7 kg (215 lbs).
Due to its shameful nature, it has become difficult to study the Cross River Gorilla (Gorilla Gorilla Dehli). However, it is estimated that the weight of an adult male is approximately 180 kg (396 lbs).
The eastern lowland gorilla is somewhat larger than the western species, with adult males weighing 220 kg (484 lb) and females weighing about 80 kg (176 lb).
Mountain gorilla tracking in Uganda costs US $ 600, US $ 400 in Congo and the US $ 1500 in Rwanda. A maximum of eight people is allowed to trek up a given group of mountain gorillas a day and strictly observe for one hour from the time the APS is discovered.
Travelers planning to trek up the mountain gorilla should try to carry raincoats, warm clothing, garden gloves, energy snacks, good hiking boots and other important items of your choice.
The Silverback Gorilla is considered the oldest and wisest of all the gorillas. Silverback Gorilla is also a troop leader.
The average height of the Silverback Gorilla ranges from 5 feet to 5.9 feet.
How long is the Silverback Gorilla Standing?
Like all other guerrillas, the Silverback Gorilla also has four legs. However, it has the ability to stand up and move on 2 legs.
When the Silverback Gorilla stands on two legs, its height is 5 to 5.9 feet.
Other Recommended Reading
- Golden Headed Lion Tamarin – Behavior | Conservation | Diet
- Lion Tamarin Monkey – Information | Endangered
- Cotton Top Tamarin (Saguinus oedipus) Monkey Facts
- Cotton Top Tamarin (Saguinus oedipus) Baby Facts
- Baby Emperor Tamarin Monkey Facts and Description
- Lion Tamarin – Facts | Species | Habitat | Pet | Size
- Mandrill Ape – Description | Facts | Monkey
- Mandrillus sphinx – Mandrill – Description | Facts
- Mandrill Height – How Tall is a Male and Female?
- What is Average Male and Female Mandrill Size?
- Mandrill Teeth – Why Do Mandrills Have Big Teeth?
- Are Mandrills Dangerous? When Do Mandrills Turn Aggressive?
- Drill and Mandrill – Facts | Similarities | Differences
- Zanzibar Red colobus Monkey Facts | Description
- Nigerian Monkey Description and Facts
- Roloway Monkey Facts | Habitat | Endangered
- Guenon Monkey Pet Description and Facts
- Indri Indri Primates Description and Facts
- Colobus or Mantled Guereza – Facts | Description
- Mandrill Habitat Distribution and Habitat Loss
1 thought on “What is the Average Size of a Silverback Gorilla?”
Wow. Gorillas are shorter than I thought. I’m taller then they are by far.
And females where small. 150>, and 75kg. Thay are like a fatt lady.